FastPAC Premium® is a patent-pending, next-generation halogenated powdered activated carbon that is designed to rapidly and efficiently remove mercury from the flue gas of power plants and other coal-fired facilities, particularly in systems that require effective oxidation of mercury.
This brominated carbon is produced from coal and lignite feedstock’s that have shown to produce the most effective activated carbons at power plants. In full-scale sorbent injection tests, FastPAC Premium® has demonstrated reliable mercury capture in a wide range of coal-fired units and has proven especially effective in facilities with cold-side electrostatic precipitator (ESP) configurations, with both low-rank and higher-sulfur coals.
FastPAC Premium® can achieve mercury regulatory emissions limits using 30-60% less activated carbon as compared to conventional first-generation sorbents and has demonstrated the ability to exceed such limits. In some instances, the substantial reduction in sorbent injection rates can significantly reduce loads on particulate removal equipment and can allow utilities to reconsider capital investments in ESP upgrades and/or baghouse purchases.
Moreover, use of FastPAC Premium® has resulted in a fly ash/activated carbon mixture with qualities that facilitate sale and beneficial use.
More Info on FastPAC Premium®
- Optimized for rapid and efficient mercury capture in coal-fired power plants
- Pore volume optimized for mercury capture
- Compatible with all coal types
- 30-60% lower injection rates in order to achieve regulatory limits as compared to conventional first-generation sorbents
- Effective with both electrostatic precipitators and fabric filters
- Reduced equipment wear-and-tear and maintenance requirements
- Handles and flows well in injection systems
- Lower activated carbon content in fly ash
- Rapid foam stability
|Moisture||8% maximum as packed|
|Particle Size||95% minimum minus 325 mesh|
|Tap Density||0.5 – 0/7g/cm³|
|Auto Ignition Temperature||Greater than 400°C (752°F)|